- Hamid Akbari, BSc, MBA, PhD
- Jane Bowen, BCom, FCPA, FCA
- Bin Chang, LLB, MA, MA, PhD
- John Friedlan, BSc, MBA, PhD, CPA, CA
- Athina Hall, BA, CPA, CA
- Ferdinand Jones, BA, CPA, CMA
- Michael Konopaski, PhD, CPA, CMA
- Jeff Moretz, BA, MBA, PhD
- Morden Shapiro, BCom, FCA, FCPA, CMC
The Graduate Diploma in Accounting is a professional program accredited by the Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) of Ontario. The program emphasizes integration, problem solving, decision making and other CPA-enabling competencies to prepare prospective CPAs for the completion of the Professional Education Program (PEP) and Common Final Examination (CFE), and for their careers. The hybrid learning model provides significant face-to-face time in small classes with highly qualified instructors.
Upon successful completion of the Graduate Diploma in Accounting, students will receive credit for the first four modules of CPA Canada’s PEP, including Core 1, Core 2 and all four elective modules (assurance, finance, performance management and tax) and be eligible to enter the PEP at the Capstone 1 module. Students will be able to write the CFE within 12 months of completing the Graduate Diploma in Accounting, saving time in achieving their CPAs.
In addition to the general admission requirements for graduate studies at UOIT , Graduate Diploma in Accounting applicants must meet the following program-specific requirements:
- Cumulative B+ average (GPA: 3.3 on a 4.3 scale or 77 to 79 per cent) or higher in courses required for admission to the CPA PEP.
- Grade of C (60 per cent) or higher in courses required for admission to the CPA PEP.
- UOIT students must successfully complete all courses specified for the UOIT Bachelor of Commerce Accounting Major. Graduates of other Canadian universities are encouraged to apply if they have completed a business degree with a concentration in accounting and substantially equivalent coverage as UOIT applicants to the program.
Required courses for admission
BUSI 2150U Financial Accounting I
BUSI 2160U Financial Accounting II
BUSI 2170U Managerial Accounting
BUSI 3101U Intermediate Financial Accounting I
BUSI 3102U Intermediate Financial Accounting II
BUSI 3110U Introduction to Taxation
BUSI 3120U Advanced Taxation
BUSI 3160U Advanced Managerial Accounting
BUSI 3170U Auditing Standards and Applications
BUSI 3171U Advanced Auditing
BUSI 3172U Auditing Information Systems
BUSI 4101U Advanced Financial Accounting
BUSI 4110U Critical Thinking, Analysis and Decision Making in Accounting I
BUSI 1450U Statistics
BUSI 2401U Finance I
BUSI 2402U Finance II
BUSI 3040U Information Systems
BUSI 3705U Legal Environment of Business
BUSI 4701U Strategic Management I
ECON 2010U Microeconomics
ECON 2020U Macroeconomics
The Graduate Diploma in Accounting is a full-time program; part-time enrolment is not permitted.
Graduate diploma requirements
Select a program from the list below for detailed requirements.